+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glock tanks Airsoft market ... SigArms not much better

1. Default Glock tanks Airsoft market ... SigArms not much better

Bad news for the law enforcement community. My Airsoft contact, Bill Mathes from 21st Tactical informs me that all of the Airsoft dealers have received litigation pending letters from Glock, Inc causing them to cease and desist in the selling of Glock patterned Airsoft weapons. As a result, there will be no more Glock versions of the Airsoft pistols coming into the country. Rumors have it that other firearm manufacturers are following suit. This is a dark day for law enforcement training. When effective training tools are denied to those who need the training, society falls into greater peril. While I can understand Glock's business reasons for this, simply stopping the importation of these excellent training devices further taxes thinly stretched law enforcement training budgets. Hey Glock ... if you're listening. How about offering solutions instead of problems. And I implore you to not take the SigArms approach of simply taking an existing model of an Airsoft gun, stamping SigArms markings on it and doubling the price to law enforcement. Shame on Sig as well.

Hey Ken, airsplat.com is still listing G17's. Do you know if companies can/will sell inventory or are they just going to sit on them until the litigation is done? Thanks for the heads up on this.

Jason Harvey

3. Default

Bill Mathes told me today that he has approximately 100 in stock, then gone is gone. Get them while you can!

Thank you very much.

5. Default

I attempted to get some answers from Glock today and after being transferred from 4 different people at the headquarters in Georgia, I finally got a call back from their legal department. There employee left a message stating that it won't be as bad as you think with the latest civil action and he was going to contact me tommorrow to talk some more about it.

6. Default

Thanks Mully ... I'll be interested to hear what they say. From my understanding things are at a standstill. Thanks for running this to ground. If you can get any sort of documentation out of Glock on this, I'll digitize it and make it available as a download on this thread.

Do we know if this will affect getting parts replacement for the Airsofts that we currently have?
    Fight like you train and train like you fight.

Not sure of barrels and the like, but for magazines 21st Tactical said once they are gone they will not be geting anymore.

9. Default

Guys,

Spoke to Carlos with the legal department at Glock in Georgia. Carlos says that they are filing civil action against the larger AIRSOFT companies because they are using some of their trademarks on their products. Carlos says that anything with Glock, G17, G36, or any other decal on the pistol are the ones being targeted. He said that because there are so many airsoft makers out there that they won't be able to stop the selling of all AIRSOFT guns that look and feel like a Glock Pistol. He wouldn't tell me who the manufacturers were that they were filing paperwork against. He assured me that it wouldn't be as bad as I think and that there will still be AIRSOFT products that replicate a glock.

21st Tactical said today that they received a large shipment of G17's, so there are still some at his store.

10. Default Update on Glock Airsoft

According to Bill Mathes at 21st Tactical (www.21stTactical.com) Glock will be coming out with their very own Airsoft pistol. No word on a release date. Knowing Glock, I'm sure the quality will be good, but let's face it ... they aren't in the Airsoft manufacturing business and will likely be re-branding an existing pistol much like Sig did. Quality remains pretty much the same, price goes WAAAAAAAY up - just my guess. Stay tuned!

+ Reply to Thread